Friday, April 14, 2017

The *Chick- fil-A protestors

I'm so sorry. I think it was my generation that did it. We were the ones who read all those books by the experts and attended parenting classes that focused on FEELINGS instead of values and ethics like duty, honesty, responsibility, commitment, structure, respect, saving for a rainy day, caring for neighbors even if you didn't like them, full day's work for full day's pay, and all those maxims passed down from grandparents to parents. In fact, we probably invented the "I'm spiritual and not religious," trend because it's the most self centered of all religions. Some of my generation bought into it for themselves--I recall even back in the 1970s knowing women who threw off husband and children for "feelings." I don't remember snowflakes back then, but that generation certainly expanded the concepts we taught.

*Chick-fil-A is an American fast food restaurant chain headquartered in the Atlanta suburb of College Park, Georgia, specializing in chicken sandwiches. Founded in May 1946, it has more than 2,000 restaurants, mainly in the United States. The owners are Christians who believe in marriage.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446660/college-students-protest-mike-pence-chick-fil-a-heather-mac-donald

No comments: