Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Boring books

I've mentioned before that I listen to a lot of podcasts. They are more interesting than radio or TV shows and most don't have commercials. Particularly for walking outside, loading the dishwasher or sleeping. Today I found one called "Boring Books for Bedtime," and it consists of truly boring books read slowly by a woman with a soft, husky, hushed voice. The list of titles is indeed boring. Just to try it out I listened to the 1897 Sears Roebuck Catalog Grocery Department. But some titles are on butterflies, or oceans, Aristotle, Darwin, Thoreau, political issues of 50 years ago, or home building (in 1894). Here's one that actually sounds like it would keep me awake--"Pictures from Italy" by Charles Dickens. Truly a wonderful idea.



No comments: