Thursday, September 22, 2022

News of the day

" Criminals discovered that 2011 to 2021 Kias and 2015 to 2021 Hyundais equipped with ignitions that use a physical key, rather than a wireless key fob and push-button, could be started by using the tip of a USB cable, and the technique was posted online last year. Tens of thousands of the cars have been stolen since, some of them by teens not even old enough to have a driver's license." Fox News

And speaking of keys and stealing, I've been locked out of my Facebook account. A friend asked if it was a hack to steal my information, but I suspect that because I've been a member for over 10 years, the old timers never gave away as much as the newer enrollees. Now it wants a cell number so it can check to see if it's really me signing in. Hmmm. Sounds like a way to harvest phone numbers and sell them. My friend Connie (I have her e-mail address) told me it has happened to her, but she is able to use her cell phone to log-in, so maybe I'll try that. Other friends (Justine, Bev, and Dena) say they've not had that message.

And speaking of hacks, don't ever try that one to silence the beep on your microwave. It really works, and now how to get it back! You never know how important they are until you lose them.

Mike Huckabee suggests the government's motives for taking Mike Lindell's cellphone and what's happening with inflation. Morning Edition - September 22 - Latest News - Mike Huckabee As a retiree on a fixed income we do worry about inflation. And as an American, I am concerned about how the Biden administration is punishing anyone who questioned the 2020 election--although not all the Democrats like Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, or Stacy Abrams who questioned elections they didn't win before 2020.

"A federal watchdog on Thursday found that fraudsters may have stolen $45.6 billion from the nation’s unemployment insurance program during the pandemic, using the Social Security numbers of dead people and other tactics to deceive and bilk the U.S. government." Washington Post.  Am I shocked?  Nope. There was so much graft, greed and corruption in the Covid pandemic it's just crazy. 

No comments: