Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Bird watching

I've never made it a priority, but I thought it would be nice to know more about birds. God must have had such fun designing them. My fellow librarians gave me binoculars as a retirement gift, thinking I'd lounge on the deck and view birds. About 12 years ago I participated in some morning birding group walks at Lakeside. Great people. We even went to the Black Swamp Bird Observatory in Magee Marsh Wildlife Area for a lecture and bird watching. Some could identify 100s of birds. Me, not so much. I think I learned about 5 more birds than I knew at age 10. So when I saw a bird calendar at Marc's this morning for $1, I thought it was a bargain and I could look at a page a day. And now I feel really smart, because earlier they were $16.99 according to the web site. Audubon Birds Color 2023 Page-A-Day Calendar - Calendars.com







No comments: