Saturday, February 04, 2006

2115 Souper Bowl Sunday

Many places are collecting cans of soup for food pantries tomorrow. I haven't been to the supermarket in awhile, so I had to go through my own pantry and pick out the soup items, and tossed in some instant mac/cheese, which I think I bought for this purpose, since I don't use it.

I read someplace that instant macaroni and cheese was one of the three liberating inventions for women in the last 150 years. That's silly. Everyone knows it was panty hose.

If you clean out the pantry, you'll have a good excuse to make home made soup, which is probably better for you.

Baked potato soup is very hearty--you can lighten it by using less cheese and bacon and low fat sour cream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hose? I think I'd rather paint my legs.

Cathy said...

Baked potato soup is just good old comfort food - yum.

I was in 7th grade when panty hose come to be - beats garter belts!
I like wearing tights in the winter - less chance of them to run and keep the legs warm in our 80 degree heat :) HA!
Finally got cold and windy for these here parts - down to 36 this morning!

Lena said...

Norma, I am using that recipe tonight! I'm always looking for comfort food recipes in the winter (even though I'm in So. Cal and it's in the low 70's right now! LOL).

And,I have to disagree with both mac n' cheese and pantyhose since I use neither. THE greatest invention was Clorox disposable wipes. You can clean everything with those things! I start with the kitchen and end with the kids! :)