Monday, February 06, 2006

2123 The Super Bowl Ads, My Take

I thought the Burger King commercial was the most disgusting, anti-woman piece of trash I've ever seen on TV, billboards or magazines combined. Whopperettes? Women dressed like 50s models in 50s type make-up being thrown into sandwish buns to create a Whopper? The leering old King? If this was a parody, a 1950s style lynching in a commercial would be a parody.

Ah, and the Rolling Stones. I left my computer and sat down in the living room to watch this one.
"Who are these guys?" my husband asked.
"Those are the Rolling Stones, they are about our age," I informed him, "See that black haired guy? I think he's deaf."
"They sound just awful, let's change the channel," he said.
"No, honey this stuff is history--Mick's been prancing like that at least 40 years--it's Super Bowl XL, you know."
"Why are they cheering this nonsense," he grumbled.
"Because it's a boomer thing, I think," I said.

2 comments:

Bonita said...

I've read a number of posts today faulting the Stones for a poor performance. I think we've just grown up, and acquired better taste in the process.

Susan said...

I just had to watch them too. It was really scary when my two year old found a play microphone and spontaneously started prancing around singing "It's a Jolly Holiday with Mary" (from Mary Poppins.)with Mick and the Gang. I guess that's what I get since I taught my two year old brother to sing "Jumpin'Jack Frash" back in 1978 when I was pretending to be a Stones fan, trying to be cool. (I guess pretending to be a Stones fan to be cool is better than smoking pot!)