Friday, July 08, 2005

1240 Friday feast

There is no Friday Feast for July 8, so I went into the archives and got July 9, 2004.

Appetizer
If you were a color, which color would you be, and why?
What is this? A therapy session?

Soup
When was the last time you went to the doctor, and what was your reason for going?
I think it was December--annual check up.

Salad
What do you collect?
Lots of things: Hull Pottery, although it has become so expensive that I rarely buy a piece anymore; first issues of journals, and I even keep a blog on that topic; here at the lakehouse I seem to be accumulating (that's the early states of collection) books about the Great Lakes and novels with ocean and lake themes (Summer of "42, Outer Banks); I have a collection of Cat's Meow lighthouses; I have a collection of kitty boxes--not the litter type, but little boxes of metal, wood or china with feline themes; we buy art for our anniversary, and we're coming up on #45, so it is becoming a collection.

Main Course
What were you like in high school? Name one thing you miss and one thing you don't miss about those days. (If you're still there, imagine how you'll remember it in the future.)
What you see is what you get with me. I was pretty much the same in kindergarten, except that I thought God looked like Mr. Bechtold, our mailman. I don't miss anything about high school, especially not the cliques. I always wanted to be an adult, and I got my wish. However, because my family lived in that town, it was easy to go back and enjoy the good things, and I often write about it. The ladies of my high school class had breakfast together on the 4th, a tradition they've continued over the years.

Dessert
Pretend you're standing in front of your home, with your back towards your home. Describe the view - what can you see? Trees? Cars? A zoo? Wal-Mart?
Here, I look around and see several 19th century houses and a few early 20th century camp style cottages; I see 6 American flags moving lightly in the breeze; I see our pink and white impatiens which were almost dead two weeks ago--a permanent vegetative state which reversed with some water and fertilizer; a lightly blacktopped street; our neighbors' flowers--roses, petunias and lilies; 10 cars and one golf cart; one lady walking her dog.

No comments: