Wednesday, July 20, 2005

1289 So why are you fans?

OK, all you Firefox fans. Tell me what's so great. I'm now viewing my pages in IE and everything looks fine. Switch to FF and I can hardly read the archive dates they're so tiny. Also, blogger's "Compose" doesn't work in FF (retaining all the hyperlinks I painstakingly worked on in text)--at least not for me. At one of my other blogs a reader using a MAC said that Compose was the big advantage. I periodically check my site meter for browser stats, and see that FF is creeping up in percentages, but so far it's just not turning me on. I see a divorce in our future.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

For one thing, I love tabbed browsing. Pages also load faster. There are abundant extensions that you can load and customize with. It's also more standards compliant. IOW, it tends to work the way that W3 envisages. One tends to require hacks to make IE see things properly if one is trying to build a page to standards.

Your page has always looked fine in FF to me, and I switched quite a while ago. CTRL with a plus sign increases the size of the font if need be, and CTRL- reduces it while CTRL0 resets it normal.

You should use whatever makes you happiest, but you might want to play some more before you come to a final decision.

Camille said...

I use FireFox and actually think Blogger posting is easier.

Spacing looks a little different in FireFox. We have the same template...yr site looks good to me.

I love the tabs and there is now a Google toolbar for FireFox. I love it.