Monday, July 11, 2005

1252 Playing tag again

Jordan at Contemplating the Laundry has tagged me for another “tell all” report. I was reading through her long and thoughtful answers thinking I was really glad I hadn’t been asked to do this one, then I saw my name.

What I was doing ten years ago:
July 1995--I think that was the summer I invited my sister to come to Lakeside to attend a summer conference for church musicians. We had a wonderful time--or I did. I attended a lot of her activities--but we were exhausted.

5 years ago:
July 2000--I was planning my retirement, to begin October 2000. I had written a plan, called Post Employment Plan which I posted on my website. I was concerned about use of time because I had no hobbies, and of course, had never heard of blogging. It hasn’t been a problem, but I developed a really workable plan.

1 year ago:
July 2004--we were planning a trip to Buffalo to visit Frank Lloyd Wright architectural sites. Most of July of last year I have here on my blog, collected at one link.

Yesterday:
I’ve already blogged about the Perfect Day.

5 snacks I enjoy:
corn chips
potato chips
peanut butter
cheese
apples

5 songs I know all the words to:
None--possibly a few first verses, but not entire songs, unless there is only one verse to "Happy Birthday."

5 Things I would do with $100 million:
Pay off my children’s mortgages.
Create a foundation which would provide small grants for women in business; fund no-kill centers for animals; scholarships for students at Christian colleges and seminaries.
Fund an art gallery for Lakeside.
Take my friends on fun trips as my guests.

5 locations I would like to run away to:
Tennessee to do genealogy.
Montana to enjoy the scenery.
South America.
British Isles
Hawaii, again.

5 bad habits I have:
Talking before I think it through.
Avoiding difficult tasks.
(need some more thinking to distinguish habits from personality)

5 things I like doing:
Reading
Watercolor painting
Blogging and reading blogs of total strangers like Jordan
Writing poetry and essays
Travel

5 things I would never wear:
bikini
hip-huggers
short shorts
tight shirt that showed my mid-riff
platform shoes
(these were all Jordan’s, but they work for me too)

5 TV shows I like:
Cold Case
Dancing with the Stars
Anything on Book TV
Antique Road Show
Turner and AMC Movies, pre-1950

5 Biggest joys of the moment:
Retirement--doing all the things I planned
Watching sunsets and sunrises
Doing just about anything with my husband
Family get-togethers when they go smoothly
Good health

5 Favorite toys:
My computer
My digital camera
My bicycle
My cat
My journal (i.e., paper notebook just the right size)

I’m tagging
Paula
Lauri
Dana
Mr. Cloud
Matthew

2 comments:

Paula said...

I will try to do it before the day is out. :)

Jessica said...

Though my husband doesn't quite get it, I love Book TV too. Okay, I'll admit it's actually just about anything on C-Span.
And I have to agree, one of the most addictive aspects of blogging is reading and getting to know complete strangers and having complete strangers read your blog too! ; )