Saturday, July 16, 2005

1276 Heading home

We'll be heading back to Columbus after lunch. It's been a great 3 weeks. You sort of ease into a different mode of thinking and moving that a one week stay doesn't do. Although I've heard first timers say they notice the change of pace right away. I'm always amazed when people drive through the gates on a first visit and decide to buy a cottage. It defies everything you know about finances.

Somehow, the cat knows she isn't going with us, because she didn't try to hide when we got out the suitcases. Our daughter and son-in-law will be here (and possibly his brother), so they'll look after her.

Last night's program was a jazz singer Laurel Masse--a founding member of Manhattan Transfer. At first I didn't think I'd stay, but she got better as the evening moved along. Her encore was spectacular. Tonight is Mike Albert, an Elvis imitator. He's good and puts on a wonderful show, but I think he's getting a little chubby for the young Elvis songs. Albert has a huge fan club, and Hoover fills up with all the extra bus loads.

All around us towns are getting a much needed rain. We're dry. Maumee got 5 inches yesterday and Findlay got 2.5 inches in an hour. It's starting to sprinkle now, but we've had several teasers like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Norma - this is Laurel. I just came across your blog, and want to say I am glad you stayed till the end of my concert at Lakeside, and thanks for the lovely compliment.
Many blessings to you.