Tuesday, October 11, 2005

1605 Enjoying the trip

A rainy fall week-end in Lakeside for the Fall Festival, but on our way Sunday we drove into sunshine as we got into Indiana. After stopping to see Carlos and Michelle on the way, we rolled into Oregon, IL about 3:30. My sister had gathered together the relatives for a family dinner Sunday evening. I met with friends on Monday for coffee and chit chat, and then visited my 90 year old great aunt for some help with genealogy. Today I met with the former wife of a first cousin once removed to catch up on her children and grandchildren, and then stopped by my aunt's to look through some clippings and old photographs. We've also made a trip to Franklin Grove and visited with my brother and stopped at a new park in that area that has a rebuilt mill. Now our lovely fall sunshine is gone. We walked in Oregon's nice city park system, visited the train station that is being restored and looked at a new sculture at the entrance of another park on the river where people fish. Tomorrow we're taking a little boat ride on the Rock River with lunch. Should be home Thursday evening after a stop in Indianapolis to visit with my husband's sister.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Welcome back - I gave you a idiosyncasies tag on my blog.
Cathy