Tuesday, October 18, 2005

1625 You'll never catch me running

Actually you could catch me, because I almost never run. I entered the Raccoon Race at Lakeside about twenty years ago, and walked the route after the first block.

Raccoon Run (3 miles), Lakeside, Ohio


The women's breast cancer marathon was this past Sunday--usually its cold and rainy, but I wouldn't watch even if it were sunny and pleasant. But at Jane Galt's site this morning (another non-runner) I saw a link to the 10 best reasons for not running marathons. All the reasons are documented by research on heart, lungs, brain, etc., and are not anecdotal, but it is easy to read. I haven't researched this site, or the articles, but the text appeals to a non-runner, certainly. Still, read knowing I have not vetted the author or information.

Unless a very large animal is chasing me, or I'm late for dinner, you'll never catch me running.

1 comment:

Bonita said...

The "snail" race is more my style - I cannot run, but I can trot gently; to get the heart rhythmn up, I just walk uphill a few times...I wish I was capable of doing more. And, I'd never win a race, I'd be cheering everyone else on.