Friday, October 14, 2005

1608 Cruisin' down the Rock River

If you are in Northern Illinois this fall you might consider a dinner cruise on the Rock River. The paddle boat docks at Oregon near Maxon's Manor. My sister treated for our anniversary and my brother-in-law's birthday. Our brother was in town (lives in Florida), so we had a great time. It was a "partly cloudy" day, but the sun broke through between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., just the time we were on board. The fall color hasn't peaked yet, but by next week it should be fabulous. We had a great view of the statue of Blackhawk against the blue sky with a frame of white clouds. The meal was delicious and the staff was terrific. A wonderful day.

We passed near the little island where Margaret Fuller , a transcendentalist and friend of Emerson, had her studio.







2 comments:

Cathy said...

That river cruise looks like so much fun! Looks like you all had a great time!
Cathy

Norma said...

I think I was eating dinner when we were cruising past the first time, and I was out of film when we came back. However, I knew there'd be any number on the internet if I needed to borrow one for the story. Only the locals know; and you guys know what he looks like.