Sunday, October 23, 2005

1650 A lovely home wedding

We attended the wedding of a great-niece yesterday in Indianapolis which was held at the home of her aunt. The very first wedding I ever attended was my Aunt Dorothy's which was in our home. I thought she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen--black hair, red lipstick and fingernails (which I probably hadn't seen before) and a handsome groom. I was probably about 5 years old and considered old enough to attend, although my brother went to a babysitter's. I was so anxious to try the wedding cake which had little silver balls on it, and so disappointed to find out they tasted like rocks!

Dusti's colors were red and white and she looked lovely. The groom had earrings in both ears, but he was pretty cute too. Things are different today. Sigh.

Dusti and her attendants


Before the wedding the guys were all in the family room watching football.


Dusti and Dan, the bride and groom

3 comments:

Conversations of a Delusional Mind said...

Thanks for the comment. I also see that you mention Jesus. If you're a Christian, please pray for me. I feel so alone.

Feed Fido said...

I like the guys...watching the pre-game show before the big game.

Norma said...

I hadn't thought of it that way. You always have unique insights. What I noticed was all the women fluttering around upstairs--food, babies, bride, family, guests--and the guys relaxing downstairs.