Monday, October 17, 2005

1623 19.6 million blogs

At coffee this morning Adrienne gave me an article from the Dispatch (via WaPo) that said there were 15 million blogs. "Oh probably not," said I. "A lot of them are dead, or only have a few entries, or are just advertising." But I just checked Technorati, and it is tracking 19.6 million. Still, an awful lot are just listing of products. For the life of me, I can't imagine who reads them. Also there aren't many people my age blogging.

"Technorati is now tracking 19.6 Million weblogs, and the total number of weblogs tracked continues to double about every 5 months. This trend has been consistent for at least the last 36 months. In other words, the blogosphere has doubled at least 5 times in the last 3 years. Another way of looking at it is that the blogosphere is now over 30 times as big as it was 3 years ago. . . "

No matter what you think of blogging, that is just an awful lot of people writing, editing, reading, thinking and pixelating. My blogs are backed up on paper. Adrienne asked me what would happen to them when I was gone, and I said my daughter would probably throw them out.

3 comments:

Scott Cheatham said...

Norma,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for stopping by my blog. It appears you're quite busy with all the blogs listed in your profile. Good luck with keeping up! *S*

Have a great day and stop in again anytime!

~Scott

Anvilcloud said...

It's been a while since I backed mine up, but it's on my list. I am now reading your blog in an attempt to avoid this task.

Live, Love, Laugh said...

That is some amazing growth in three years. Wow!

One thing I know is if my mom left a copy of any writings she did, I would save and read them all.

Sheis eighty now and not in very good health. I have seen her writing on things and I know she is doing it, so when she is gone we will find them.

When she came to visit me, after she left I found some things she wrote telling us how much she loved each of us.