Wednesday, October 19, 2005

1633 An afternoon with Renoir's Women

Five of us met for lunch at the Palette Restaurant in the Columbus Museum of Art this afternoon. Our husbands are all Columbus area watercolorists who meet for lunch and discussion once a month, so occasionally we get together too. Here we are enjoying the food and good company.



You are not supposed to take photos in a museum, but when the guard stepped out of the room I quickly snapped one of this interesting Renoir, on loan from the New Orleans Museum of Art. Because of Katrina, it didn't make the trip, and I'm not sure they really know what has happened to it. A tiny link in our connectedness. For a view of some of the lovely works on loan, go here.



The site for the show is http://www.renoirswomen.com.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I take pictures in museums whenever I can, and I love the one you posted. I also love your list of book blogs. It is great to read other people's thoughts on books, writing, reading and storytelling.

Bonita said...

Sometimes there are museum shops that have lovely things for sale - and they will let you photograph in there - I did that here at the Glass Museum.

Looks like your group had a good day.

JB said...

Is the picture on your profile one that your husband did of you?

Norma said...

Jessica: That picture is one I "cut" from a photo of several people and then put into the "painting" format of my photo software system. I think it was the one from my digital camera (MGI ?), but I prefer my old Corel for modifying photos. Usually, I only take out the glare on glasses. This time, I decided to remove all my wrinkles with a quick "oil painting" look. Worked for Renoir. My husband does wonderful watercolors, but usually not people or animals. I do those.