Monday, October 17, 2005

1618 Sits on natural waist

Thank God! The fashion Nazis have relented, and realized that only 15 year olds wearing size 2 jeans look good in hip-huggers with bare bellies, butt cracks and thong underwear. I'm seeing this "sits on natural waist" description in a number of catalogs and ads for slacks and jeans this fall. No matter what I weigh, I have a small waist. I saw an ad the other day for models for Abercrombie and Fidgett, the largest of which was a size 8, and 29" was listed as the waist size. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and haven't bought an 8 in two years, but have never had a 29" waist--well, maybe when pregnant, but that doesn't count. Low rise jeans and slacks make it impossible to tuck in a shirt or wear a normal length t-shirt or sweater because when you sit down, whoosh, everything scoots down to cover your thighs that have just expanded 2 inches by sitting. Maybe I can finally buy some new slacks.

And that's my public service announcement for today.

Oops Update: Measured. 28 7/8". Whew.

No comments: