Friday, February 01, 2008

Who's behind the push pull into a recession?

I used to think it was media--but they only read what they're sent; then I thought maybe it was the Democrats since they've been moaning about the economy for seven years in order to get elected (remember 2004?); but lately I've been thinking it's the get-rich-quick guys, who rush in for the bargains when everyone else gets weak kneed. Reading the January results in today's paper
    The Dow is still off just 0.2% from a year ago

    Employment grew in January by 75,000

    Unemployment is 4.9%

    The average fixed rate 30 year loan was at 5.68%. Wasn't it about twice that in the Carter years?

    January projections for subprime losses were double digit, but actual losses on 2006 subprime loans are slightly above 1%

    The Dow had its worst January since. . . January 2000 (Clinton, if I recall)
Follow the (guys hoping to make) money.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Different decade and different issues will be the remaining factors of why today's problems are different from the past. I just have to remember that God is the have the complete control of everything. I don't worry about the "results" but I do worry about the politicans' and president's behaviors which determines my choices of parties and persons in the future.