Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Three Word Wednesday

Bone has posted for 3WW
    Punch
    T-shirt
    Unravel
for us to play with this week. Before I checked the clues, I was sorting laundry, and again thinking about how I could turn the old t-shirts from VBS, traveling, library conferences and organizations into a quilt. My mom used to cut t-shirts into strips and crochet the fabric into rugs, but quilting them saves the event or organization, and thus your memories. I've got San Antonio, Seattle and Shedd's Museum. I've got a "I heart my library," and Walk with Majors. I've got a Lakeside Ohio tour of my husband's projects. I've got dogs, horses and kitties. So here's my little poem. The photo is from Goose tracks and she will quilt t-shirts supplied by you for a fee, if you're not crafty or don't have the time.

Punch up the memories,
unravel the past,
cut up those t-shirts,
the first and the last

Arrange the design
and a contrasting thread,
make a new coverlet
to place on the bed.


12 comments:

paisley said...

not only a nice write... a wonderful quilt idea as well......

Anonymous said...

Hi Norma,

What a great idea and beautiful quilt.

Rose

xo

Tumblewords: said...

Neat take on the prompt! And I love the quilt - A friend of mine makes these - I don't thread needles, so...

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. I like the idea and the verse you came up with!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of preserving memories, and playing the game at the same time.

--Gay

Anonymous said...

Oh no... my husband made us save all of his college shirts to do something like this and I made him throw them out (after taking a digital photo of each one for his memories). I guess I didn't realize it could actually look this good!

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind me de-lurking...

By the way-- did you see the lunar eclipse tonight? It was beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Hi!

I love the poem and the quilt.
What a marvellous idea!

I've been going through the clothes of the kids the past days and wondered what to do with some of the shirts. Now I know!

Thanks!!!

TC said...

That's such a great idea! My best friend has been lamenting what to do with those old t-shirts she really can't wear because they'll fall apart pretty soon: maybe I'll suggest this instead of just putting them in a box for "nostalgic memories." :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea. I just gave all mine away--the ones I didn't have to throw away cos nobody would want them

poefusion said...

I love your poem. I have wanted to make me a quilt from old t-shirts since watching the movie Step Mom, 1998. I think quilting your memories into a keepsake is a great idea. Have a nice weekend.

Bone said...

Wow, that is truly an excellent idea. I have a closet full of t-shirts that I never wear, but don't want to part with.