Monday, February 18, 2008

Please don't squeeze. . .

Meredith Whipple of Columbus, Ohio, had a letter in the paper (USA Today):
    "When I see a political leader relying on the Word of God to solve the nation's problems, I begin to question whether he or she has a real strategy in place."
When I see a political leader relying on the Word of God I will be in a state of shock, because I've never seen it. Black or white, Democrat or Republican, male or female, Jew or Gentile, gay or straight, Red or Blue state, fat or thin, Berkeley or Boise, I just have never seen a leader of this nation from zoning board to the White House, rely on the Word of God. Sprinkling a few god words in a speech during campaign season to warm the hearts of the voters doesn't qualify, Ms. Whipple.

2 comments:

JAM said...

Your response to her is right on the money.

I even heard about a recent appearance by Al Gore at a Baptist Church, doing the Inconvenient Truth presentation, but with scriptures sprinkled throughout to justify his points in this captive audience.

Mr. Gore was careful to not allow ANY press at all into that presentation stating that he didn't want the video clips showing up on YouTube.

Ashamed of the Gospel?

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Ms. Whipple must only watch the news during election time. Sadly, God and politics only mix when votes are at stake.