Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Three word Wednesday, 73

The 3 words today are
    girlfriend
    imagined
    slight.
This should almost write itself. I always think of Suze Orman's TV financial show, when I hear, "Girlfriend. . . " and you just know the news won't be good and the advice will be tough.

Girlfriend, Suze said,
while you imagined love
there's a slight chance
you missed the bounced checks,
school loans, credit cards,
child support and gambling debts,
a mortgage about to reset,
a house that hasn't flipped,
and his mother who has.

Bone has added a blogroll if you'd like to join. Three words appear on Wednesday with which you write a poem, essay, or story.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have done pretty well in life without ever once watching or reading Suze Orman--never bounce a check--unless the bank gives my account away or things like that--happened twice, pay my bills etc

My friends who worship her all have big debts, juggle money from credit card to credit card--can't get money for a down payment etc

I think all the advice in the world is worthless unless you respect yourself first, train yourself to pay the mortgage or rent first--and order the rest of the bills

Nobody needs a 60" plasma TV or night out on the town--though they're good things to want

We no longer understand the difference between want and need

I really enjoyed this post and the one above it on happiness

myrtle beached whale said...

I have never heard of Suze Orman, but I really enjoyed your take and can identify with it.

Sherry said...

Amen to this....good advice to women everywhere -- read between the lines and remember -- what you see is usually what there is!!

Tumblewords: said...

Yup. I can see her even as I read your words. Very clever!

Truefaith1963 said...

Tee hee! I don't know Suze but I do know about juggling those finances - great write Norma

UL said...

oh this is great, day dreaming is much easier than reality...coz reality is never a bed of roses, well said.!

little wing writer said...

this reminds me of a song called bad check... a bad man like a bad check following you... something bluesy down in austin, tx... anyhoo... great stuff there... btw, susy kinda scares me... she's an alpha dog.. good message but alpha big time..