Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday Family Photo--college 1958

In 1958 I tranferred from Manchester College in Indiana to the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana to study Russian and Spanish. It didn't hurt that my high school boyfriend studying engineering was also there. However, that didn't last, but there was a young man from Indiana living about a mile from my dorm, McKinley Hall (owned by the YWCA) in Armory House (privately owned) who was studying architecture. Our first date was for the St. Pat's Ball in 1959. These photos were taken the first day of classes 1958 in the dorm room my husband shared with Lou Wozniak. This was truly Mr. Neat living with Mr. Clean. Looking at these photos I'm guessing there wasn't a pencil or hair out of place. He was about 25 lbs lighter, solid muscle (cross country runner) and had curly red hair.



3 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Very handsome men! :)

Anonymous said...

How nice and clean and tidy. How upstanding they both look.
I have always thought it would have been nice to have come of age in the late 50s when black was black and white was white, sin was easy to recognize and shun and goodness was simple to recognize by the way somebody combed his hair.

Norma said...

Anon 446: That's a new one on me! I assume you're kidding. Weren't we all fooled by Tiger? Did anyone look more wholesome, happy, neat and balanced?