Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rebecca's holiday tip

My husband has come down with a cold, and we've had to cancel two social eating events. Both were with good friends from our condo association, so it will be no problem to reschedule--but my, I sure don't need the calories. I've even been nipping into my husband's special stash of sugar free cookies from Cheryl's. Unlike home made sugar-free, they actually are delicious and have the right texture. All my good intentions of October are fleeting memories. Rebecca has a word for us diet and exercise failures at her wonderful (and forgiving) blog, Power, Love and Self-Control.
    "NEVER GIVE UP is my tip for today. And I need it!

    No matter how many home-made caramels you ate. No matter that you ate 12 dark chocolate truffles from the bag. In the car. Before you got home from the gift exchange. No matter that the day went by and you didn't get your 30 minute walk in. No matter that the scale shows you gained 2 pounds for the first time in six months of consistent loss or maintenance. No matter WHAT. Never give up. Begin where you left off and keep going strong!"
Like me, Rebecca is a multi-blog person. Visit all of them. I love her thrift shop blog.

No comments: