Wednesday, December 30, 2009

This sounds like my closet!

Don't recall how I got to Silly Rabbit of Sarasota, FL, probably a random click, but it's a vintage clothing store that sounds like my closet!
    Chic 20th century vintage clothing for men and women. Vintage fabric and crafty supplies. Great dresses, hats, shoes, purses, coats and accessories for men and women. From boho hippie chic to new wave, mod, disco, rockabilly, to classic Jackie O and everything in between, we have been collecting, wearing and selling vintage clothing for a zillion years. We love it all; but only pick the best quality, most gorgeous fabrics, mintiest condition, and chicest trends. All killer No filler!
Although I wasn't much into rockabilly.

I like to buy things at the Discovery Shop because 1) it's near by, 2) cheap, 3) you can still find quality clothing made in the USA, and 4) nice people (volunteers) working for a good cause (cure for cancer). And if you're willing to pay more than $5-10, you can get some really terrific stuff. I've bought things there brand new with the price tags on that apparently were part of a New Year's goal to lose weight, and got hung in the back of the closet until reality set in a few years later. Like my pink Talbot jeans.

From my closet--49+ year old "going away" dress from my wedding in 1960.

No comments: