Thursday, January 06, 2005

697 Andy Geiger to resign as OSU athletic director

He says it just isn't fun any more--the last two years, particularly those spent with Maurice Clarett's antics, have been full of problems.

I know just how you feel, Andy. My last year at work wasn't fun anymore, so I decided to retire. Every day was the same--regular meetings, ad hoc meetings, task force meetings, building committee meetings, lunch meetings, breakfast meetings, search committee meetings, skills upgrade meetings, sensitivity training meetings and appointments with the doctor. Get out with your dignity, Andy.

Mr. Geiger and I could possibly be related, I suppose. I have seen him in the coffee shop, but thought bringing up genealogy to a total stranger might be pushy. Martin Weybright III married Mary Elizabeth Geiger back in the 1780s. Their son Jacob was my great, great grandfather. Martin III and Jacob were both born in the Lancaster, PA area, as was Mary Elizabeth, but pioneered in Montgomery County, Ohio area in the early 19th century. All were members of the Brethren (now Church of the Brethren).

No comments: