Wednesday, January 12, 2005

722 Jogging my memory for exercise

A reader has asked me why I don't write more blogs about our hometown. So I decided to pull out my freshman yearbook to see if anything rang a bell. I have recorded these remarks exactly as written, with blanks, missing words, misspellings and grammatical errors. One is from the reader who suggested I write about home. The challenge, if he decides to take it, is to determine which one is his (at age 16)?

Good luck and have fun when you deliver papers.

Best wishes to a swell girl, but you really were a pest.

How’s your horse?

How about the times at G.A.A.?

Good luck to a neice girl.

Remember the talks about “you know who.” Was I a help?

We didn’t even have fun at your house, did we?

Best of luck in trombone playing.

Since I can’t of anything to write I’ll just say Good Luck. So Good Luck.

Good luck to a swell girl with only three more years of slavery.

Don’t flirt with any boys while you have a boyfriend.

We’ll suffer together through hic, haec, hoc again this year.

To a wonderful girl--I hereby nominate you for student council next year.

Remember when I had that party out to my house? I was with ____, and you were with___ ? (blanks are actually in the original and I have no idea who this person is talking about)

Remember the real cool parties we have had. All we do is sit around and eat and “gab.”

Set besides you on the bus.

My old study hall neighbor. We got along pretty good when you & Sara weren’t jabbering.

So there you have it. Memories from the old, home town.


"The Campus"

Update: He e-mailed me the correct answer. After 50 years, he was able to identify his own comments dashed off at a yearbook signing event (I think we didn't get the yearbook until summer so the Spring events would be in the book). It's also quite possible he wrote the same thing in every girl's yearbook, which made it easier to remember.

No comments: