Friday, January 28, 2005

772 Now that's a reader

Because of who I am and the people I hang out with, I know a lot of readers. Steve and his wife have us all beat. When they married back in the 80s they challenged each other to read a book a week. He kept up with her for 7 or 8 years, and then when she turned 52, he suggested she double the number to 104, and she did! I'd be surprised if I've read 52 books since the mid-80s. Probably have, but skimming or browsing is more like it. I've certainly checked out that many a year.

Yesterday I checked out Got Game; How the Gamer Generation is Reshaping Business Forever by Beck and Wade (Harvard Business School Press, 2004) and Bleachers by John Grisham (Doubleday, 2003). I'm trying to finish up So Many Enemies, So Little Time; an American Woman in All the Wrong Places by Elinor Burkett (HarperCollins, 2004), which I think is overdue (they don't charge old people fines, so I get sloppy). In the morning I've been reading Amazing Grace; 366 Inspiring Hymn Stories Daily Devotions (Kregel, 1990). That would easily get me to 52 books a year if I'd finish them. But if I read Steve's blog correctly, he and his wife actually read the entire book! What a concept.

1 comment:

Norma said...

Nothing sinister. Two identical posts appeared, so I deleted one. Sometimes, depending of the software of the comment feature, the commenter clicks twice. The administrator can delete. You are welcome to comment.