Saturday, January 29, 2005

775 Big hair and leg warmers

Cattiva over at Does this mean I'm a grown-up enumerates the fashions of the 80s that are making a comeback. Kinda funny--my daughter's era. I think I've just packed away a few of my 80s things recently, so the reruns of the fashions have missed my notice (probably I was still wearing the 70s in the 80s). My very favorite 80s fashion was the huge shoulder pads and the wash and wear perms that needed a scrunch or two when wet (I had several).

I have a favorite blue sweater from 1980 or 1981 that just won't give up. It's a cotton knit, crew collar, long sleeve in sort of a Microsoft blue--that band of color at the bottom of my computer screen in Internet Explorer. Comfortable in summer or winter. This sweater hasn't pilled, shrunk or stretched in 25 years. I throw it in the washer, toss it in the dryer. It refuses to die or even fade. I wore it Tuesday with a white shirt and khaki slacks.

1985 in review.

No comments: