Sunday, January 09, 2005

706 Babs on Barb

Babs, "Girl in Right," takes the blame and shame for Barbara Boxer in this funny post:

"So I admit it. I'm responsible for helping get both Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein into the Senate. I was young(ish) and busy, and thought "boy wouldn't it be great to have women Senators?". What an idiot. I've since realized that it's not important to have women Senators (doctors, lawyers, professors, etc.) unless they're good. Do you want to be on a flight piloted by a woman who got the job because they needed to fill their quota of skirts? How about a trauma patient in the ER?"

I recall all the times in the voting booth when I didn't recognize any of the names--judgeships, commissioners, etc.--so I'd pull the lever for a woman, figuring they couldn't do any worse. Last week we found out that these people, even though female, work their way up to being super-silly.

Babs is a new mommy with an adorable Russian toddler who looks a lot like John Kerry in his bunny suit.

No comments: