Sunday, July 16, 2006

2681 Back from the lake via Parvoo

We Christians believe we will have a resurrected body someday, and I think God has planned for us to exist someplace like the Southern Karelian forest in Finland. I've never seen such a lovely place--the pine and birch brush the heavens, the water is crystal clear, and our host designed and built a fabulous cottage and separate sauna house. Indoor plumbing would have made it perfect, but even that was nicely designed. I have much to blog about when I get home, and I'll select a few of the hundreds of photos my husband has been taking. I even have one of me in the only 1950s full coverage swim suit still on the racks.

We came back via Parvoo, the second oldest city in Finland with wonderful old wooden buildings. For you anti-Walmart folks, yes, they bulldoze forests here too for shopping centers. There are fabulous shopping malls, some with consumer items I've never seen or knew I needed!

Tomorrow we're off to St. Petersburg, Russia. I understand that my buddy George is there.

6 comments:

Joan said...

I am enjoying this trip vicariously through your posts. Thanks for sharing. It sounds like heaven.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to vacation without leaving your home - I'll never get to these places you speak of so I am thrilled that I can view them through your eyes.

Can't wait to see those photos and hear more about your adventure.

Anonymous said...

I understand there WILL be indoor plumbing in Heaven.

Tracie Nall said...

It sounds like a fabulous trip! Can't wait to see pictures!

Granny Snark said...

You paint a lovely picture Southern Karelian forest, Norma. I can't wait to see your photos. Oh, and I agree that God will want us to spend eternity in such a place. I just hope he will let me take my prized antique china. :-)

Rosemary said...

I'm like Susan. I'll never get to travel like that, but it's great to get to read about your trip, and I'm looking forward to the pictures, too.

I'll have to apologize in advance if I have already invited you. If I did, I'm sorry for pestering you. If I didn't invite you, that's shame on me!

I’d like to invite you to join our family friendly BLOG VILLAGE TopList. We have over 100 members, and we’re striving for a diverse group of blogs. I think your blog would be a great addition.

You can find out more about it at the Blog Village blog.