Thursday, July 27, 2006

2698 Wedding wear

For his sister's wedding in September in California, my husband's choice is simple--his black tuxedo. He and brother Rick are walking her down the aisle together (second marriage). I'll probably cry. They didn't grow up together, so it is so neat to see them so close now.

So where does that leave me? No matter what I wear in California, it always looks like I just stepped off the boat plane from Ohio (probably because I did). It doesn't help much that we rarely dress up any more, or that I'm 20 pounds heavier than when I started blogging (which is very broadening, I've discovered).

So yesterday I tried the summer sales. My top priority is always: price. I don't even fight it anymore. Next is comfort. Then coverage. I actually found three dresses at Talbots summer sale. One black and white bold print looked right out of the 70s in the days we first discovered polyester. I'm positive I must have had one from this pattern, but in a different color. It fit, but because it was long sleeve and snug, I thought it might be too hot if their warm weather continues.

This is the style, but it was black and white. I didn't choose this one.

One was sleeveless, and one had a small loose sleeve, so that's the one I went with. It is black silk gorgette with little color dots, and I can wear a light weight jacket in any of the colors, I think. It is a body skimmer with an eased v-neck, so I think it will be comfortable, and has two lengths with small ruffles.

In Russia, we saw many brides--it is the custom to have your photo taken in front of an important monument or government building. So they were everywhere we were. If I can get blogger to cooperate, I'll add some photos. They were the prettiest brides I've ever seen.

No comments: