Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Link rot and content drift

I've been blogging for over 13 years, and link rot and content drift are problems when I go back to search my archives. You may not like pulling books/journals off the shelves of libraries, but you'd like them even less if after you opened them, certain pages had been ripped out or marked over with black ink, you discover that you need the 4th ed. and you're holding the 2nd. I often get comments asking me to check a certain entry because the links don't work. That's just the internet. I referenced a lot of government sites before 2009 and as soon as the new administration came in, they disappeared. There is a "graveyard" somewhere, but I don't search it.

 http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0167475

No comments: