Friday, June 23, 2023

Blogging ideas for December 2008

Before Facebook, I carried a blog notebook in my purse, and would jot ideas down to research and comment on. At the end of the year, I'd evaluate what I DID NOT write about. December 2008: Here's several for that year:
"Abstinence is 100% successful in controlling the spread of AIDS and in reducing poverty, but it's a political wasteland with the pro-abortion crowd. There's no money in abstinence." 
"There are 39,000+ runners in the NYC marathon--26 in the 80-90 year old division. In my dreams!!!" 
"Theresa Hogan has an op-ed saying don't make this a single issue election--abortion. Why not? I might not word it that way but we do need a leader with character, not one who gets a 100% rating from NARAL."

"In NY the UN Secretary [Ban Ki-moon--Korea] looks up from his latte and polished desk and says he's "concerned" that women and children are being raped; homes burned and sons murdered. Someone buy this puppet a ticket to the Congo."

"In Jos Nigeria clashes of ethnic violence have killed over 400 and displaced over 7,000--mainly Christians by Muslims. I'm not going to say it was buried in the back pages of the paper because the victims were Christians, but I will say it was because they were Africans. But when you've killed millions by taking DDT away from them, what's a few more? Where are the happy-clappy, sappy-crappy one-globe folks when you need them?"

"Recipe for Buckeye Pie"
My interests and opinions haven't changed much in 17 years--politics, people and pie.

Note: I had to look up a Congo war in 2008, because the almost continuous wars in Congo had killed about 6 million since the late 90s. It was 2008 Nord-Kivu campaign. Killing thousands of Africans doesn't get a lot of press in U.S. media because they can't find a white policeman to blame it on.

No comments: