Wednesday, October 18, 2006

2977 A pool of peace while driving

I enjoy listening to the radio in the car. My car radio gets better quality sound and more distant stations than anything I have in the house. But sometimes I don't want to hear Glenn Beck screaming, or Rush opining, Paul Harvey's rest of the story, or the clanging rock of contemporary Christian music, so I listen to the Catholic station. Sometimes it is the soothing sounds of the rosary, or a liturgy I'm not familiar with. This morning I heard the best sermon on baptism and confirmation that I think I've ever heard. Some parts were a bit different than Lutheran, and certainly different than Anabaptist, but excellent in presentation and thought. After that there was a touchy-feely chat call-in show by a woman talking about sex roles that wasn't much different than what you'd hear elsewhere, but for a few moments---ah, there was peace.

One of the advantages of listening to Latin hymns is there aren't any new ones. Link to Heretical hymns.

St. Gabriel Radio


1 comment:

Susan said...

How interesting...I do tire of the usual talk suspects and navigate toward Catholic radio. Sometimes it is exactly is right on the money and other times, I can't figure out in which version of the Bible a certain doctrine is supported. Call me Lutheran...so similar and yet so different.