Thursday, October 19, 2006

2980 The adorable, perfect birthday card

Yesterday my husband asked for a birthday card from my stash. I poured pored through them. Not much in the birthday category--lots of get well, thinking of you, and sympathy (must be our age group). Yes, I still send cards and letters via the U.S. mail and don't e-mail them. Nothing thrills me more than a first class letter coming through the mail slot, and I'm assuming it is the same for others. If I get sick--don't send an e-mail--send me a REAL card.

But I found just the right card--two dalmatians (my favorite dog) sitting on a couch together with a dark blue envelope. "You have to sign my name too," I said, "because it is a 'from both of us' card." And he did, and this morning set off for Bob Evans Restaurant with our photos from Russia and the birthday card for Tom. (This group meets weekly.)

Cuter than this

When he came home he had a sad story to tell. He had propped the card up at the edge of the table next to a divider, and it dropped down a crack where the divider can be lowered or raised! Gone forever until the next time Bob Evans is remodeled. I'll bet those workmen will find a lot of junk--including money.

And it was an expensive card too! Next time, he'll get one of my homemade cards from one of my paintings if he wants to say "Happy Birthday."

No comments: