Monday, July 12, 2010

Ahhhh. . . That feels better!

When I noticed my legs were waking me up at night before the cat did, I knew the problem this time--my shoes. Fortunately, I had purchased an extra pair of Nike Women's Steady VI cross trainers earlier this year, so my husband brought them with him after his last trip to Columbus. Almost instant relief. This is my fourth pair since March 2009, and for someone who isn't very athletic, that doesn't sound like a lot of wear and tear. However, I turned my old ones over and looked at the tread and compared them with the new ones. I definitely roll my feet to the outside, and the tread there was worn down which would cause my body to be out of alignment, just like a car with worn tires.

I originally purchased these because they weren't as fat, ugly and pretentious as most athletic shoes. They have a bit of fabric trim and grosgrain ribbon for shoe laces. But once I wore them and got relief from hip and shin pain, I'll keep buying them, looks or no.

1 comment:

Norma said...

Get a real job.