Sunday, July 04, 2010

Kagan hearings conclude

After what the Democrats did to Robert Bork and Justice Thomas, I'm not a bit surprised that these hearings don't reveal much. We all know who she is and how she'll vote.
    Among those who remain concerned about Kagan is Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama) who told a reporter that he "was disappointed in the hearings." As Sen. Sessions put it: "I felt she was less than open, less than candid with us. . . she didn't say much. I thought she obfoscated her philosophy . . ."

    Asked if he would vote for her confirmation, Sen. Sessions replied: "I am going to continue to review the record . . . my comfort level with this nominee is less today than before the hearing started . . . several different aspects of her testimony worried me . . ."
ACLJ • American Center for Law & Justice

No comments: