Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunrise and an unusual dog

I was standing on the dock this morning watching the sun pop over the horizon about 6:12 a.m. and then continued on to the Lakefront watching the sun reflect on the windows and fences like a raging dawn fire.  I passed a man maybe 80 walking with an unusual dog.  It had the head, ears and blue eyes of a Husky, but a Heinz 57 body with bushy gold colored hair, sort of like a Chow.  Although it didn't appear unfriendly, I know enough about dog breeds not to assume this kind of mix would welcome my advances.  I asked the man about his dog, and he said it had been thrown into a culvert as a tiny fuzzy pup and a woman found him who couldn't keep him and brought the pup to his farm. "This is the best watch dog I've ever had; it can see, smell or hear anything."  I suspect there's a bit of gratitude in this pet's loyalty, too.

No comments: