Monday, July 05, 2010

Stuff I like--Lakeside businesses

We have a new laundromat in Lakeside, and I've used it. I took in a huge pile of bedding and was in and out in 45 minutes for $5.00. I have an apartment size washer and dryer in my tiny basement, just big enough for underwear and t-shirts, but I don't do bedding. It's newly remodeled and owned by Tom and Marcy Winkel who purchased a cottage here in 2001. We chatted a bit. Tom grew up in Upper Arlington and attended Watterson and Marcy used to work at the Worthington Public Library and the College of Medicine at OSU.

Joyce Christman and Erin Rosson have moved Artists 'N Cahoots, the art store, to the former Cokesbury location. You should see the wonderful window display of red, white and blue for this week! Jewelry, Christmas tree ornaments, hand sewn bags, stained glass trimmed mirrors, decorated pots and paintings. If you go inside you can see my husband's paintings and prints. For the most part, they represent the teachers at the Rhein Center.

On Saturday I stopped in at Marilyn's Too on 2nd Street. Always fun to browse through her lake themed gifts, cards, clothing, and furniture. Great Lakeside Cat's Meow stuff. Marilyn is a great cheerleader for all the teen campers at Lakeside. She just loves kids.

No comments: