Monday, March 06, 2006

2244 Ovinephobia

Fear and horror of all things relating to sheep. That's why Brokeback didn't get the Oscar nod. The media kept calling them "cowboys" when they were shepherds. An easy mistake, I suppose when your top 5 contenders are Hollywood's idea of decades old morality tales. They couldn't cast two gay guys to play shepherds cowboys or a transsexual actress to play Felicity Huffman's role? What kind of a discrimination business are they running on the left coast? Where's Tab Hunter and Richard Chamberlain when you need them?

We were in Westerville last night visiting friends from church (if I had to drive 40 minutes to get to church, I'd change memberships), so I didn't know who won at the 78th Academy Awards until this morning when I picked up USAToday. To tell you the truth, I would have missed it even it I'd been home; I thought it was next week.

No comments: