Monday, March 25, 2013

CBS apology to our military and Vietnam Vets

CBS' apology was pretty poor in my opinion--"to those who were offended" for denigrating Vietnam veterans in Amazing Race. They never apologized for what they did or the thought, planning and evil behind it. The competitors had to sit through a musical number celebrating Communism in order to get a clue they needed to continue, and CBS planners put a checkpoint at a Communist memorial park built around the wreckage of a downed B-52. I think the MSM is beyond repair.

Here's how an apology works. I'm sorry I did xyz, I was wrong. Forgive me. NOT: I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.  And forgiveness does not mean reconciliation.  The one to whom you apologized is under no obligation to be your friend, especially not if it’s as limp as “I’m sorry you were offended.”

No comments: