Sunday, March 24, 2013

Starbucks doesn’t want our business

“At the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting on Wednesday, CEO Howard Schultz sent a clear message to anyone who supports traditional marriage over gay marriage: we don’t want your business. After saying Starbucks wants to “embrace diversity of all kinds,” he told a shareholder who supports traditional marriage that he should sell his shares and invest in some other company.”
http://joemiller.us/2013/03/starbucks-ceo-no-tolerance-for-traditional-marriage-supporters/#ixzz2OV038xIq

I think that’s good advice from Starbucks.  You should always know how and where your money is invested.  It should reflect your values.  I don’t invest in tobacco, alcohol or viaticals (investing in life insurance policies of dying people). I don’t support any investing which is anti-life, or anti-creation. And since Starbucks doesn’t want me, I’ll respect their wishes.

1 comment:

mdoneil said...

I don't pay three dollars for coffee so they don't have to worry about my business.