Thursday, May 04, 2006

2439 Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Just to placate those who thought I was teasing for not sharing the Apple Sour Cream Pie recipe (I've checked all the recipe sites on the internet, and didn't find my exact recipe), I want to mention how much I'm enjoying this one. I love chocolate and peanut butter. And this one is sugar-free. I've been experimenting since the Columbus Home Show when I saw something similar demo'd that included bananas. I couldn't get that part to work since I don't have a kitchen flame-thrower and it was extremely labor intensive. This one is super easy, or I wouldn't be making it.

If you really, truly need sugar-free, as in no sugar at all, first make a regular pastry crust and bake and cool it. If you can have a wee-bit of sugar, buy a chocolate graham cracker crust--8 or 9" and use that. It actually makes a more handsome dessert because of the rich color.

Mix low fat 8 oz. cream cheese with one cup Splenda and one teaspoon of vanilla. When smooth, add one cup creamy peanut butter (I use Krema brand which is natural, but other should work if it's natural). Mix until complete blended. Blend in about half an 8 oz. carton (or all if you want it lighter) of thawed sugar free Cool Whip. Fold all this into the prepared pie crust and chill. When it has firmed up, warm up a small amount of sugar free hot fudge sauce in the microwave, and decorate the top of the pie with circles or dabs. Put it back into the frig until serving time. Serve small pieces, because even though low fat and low sugar, it is quite rich.

I think this is just a fabulous, fancy dessert, and eating it practically takes the inches right off the thighs! (Big fat lie.) The only reason to tell anyone this is sugar free is that some people prefer not to eat Splenda or it bothers them. Otherwise, I don't think anyone would know.

No comments: