Friday, May 12, 2006

2461 Are you a statistics freak?

Here's a quick overview of my statistics for the past year.

There are two noticeable places where you see an increase in hits. The first is in October when I moved the site reader to the top of the page. I can't remember where I saw that hint, but apparently if it is too far down, the little robotic spiders can miss it and some hits won't be counted. Then on Jan. 5, 2006 I wrote my first Thursday Thirteen, and I think in February I started Monday Memories. These are called Memes and you invite people to participate. I see that some of you like Carmen (so far the only blogger interested in applying to be my daughter-in-law) and Lazy Daisy (a pastor's wife and mother of a librarian) get a huge number of comments on Thursday. Carmen got 106! Wow. I can't imagine how you get around to visit everyone who drops their name and address at your blog. Are you speed readers?

And you should see the dip on Saturdays and Sundays. Apparently, there's a lot of blogging going on at work.

Today TLB isn't recognizing me, and for years it has said I average 71 hits a day, which is silly because it is usually 170-180, but today, sigh, he said I don't even exist!

No comments: