Thursday, May 11, 2006

2456 Slip into bed

According to the beauty experts, your skin loses moisture while you sleep. "Forget the facelift" author says that you should cover your body with a rich lotion before hitting the sheets. Unless you're sleeping with my guy, then he may comment and wake you up to say something smells funny in the bedroom.

I don't care much for the current popularity of fruity or botanical fragrances. All the ones I liked died with the 60s and 70s and went to fragrance heaven (Shulton's Desert Flower, Prince Matchabelli's Summer Shower). But recently I bought a bottle of "Peaches and Creme" by Kiss My Face (got it at Trader Joe's) with alpha hydroxy acids, and I love it. I smell just like a peach pie fresh from the oven. Also, it is so much more reasonably priced than many moisturizers.

And I like alpha hydroxy products. I remember reading an article in a peer-reviewed dermatology journal about 10 years ago--they really do improve your skin. What www.kissmyface.com says:

"Alpha Hydroxy Acids are all-natural, safe and gentle substances found in fruits and sugar cane. This 4% AHA moisturizer is recommended for daily use on the face or body. This powerful moisturizer helps unblock and cleanse pores, speeds up the exfoliation process, allows new healthy skin cells to emerge, reduces discoloration and age spots, and quickly absorbs. As always, our products contain no animal ingredients, artificial colors, or unnecessary chemicals and were not tested on animals."

Thank you. Now Kiss My Face.


No comments: