Thursday, May 18, 2006

2481 My new walking companion

My walking routine is up to about 2.5-3 miles a day, depending on the weather. Joining another group of ladies here and abroad on the internet has really helped. Yesterday at the library I checked out the audio book "Christ the Lord; out of Egypt" by Anne Rice. I've never read her vampire stuff--actually, I rarely read fiction unless it is selected by my book club. This book has had excellent reviews (but then, many like Dan Brown's fictionalized/ fabricated "history" too). This book uses a real person, Jesus as a young child, but is based on the Gospels and New Testament scholarship--not that that would guarantee a faithful reinterpretation of the facts, but I'll give it a shot--for a walk in the park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read and enjoyed this book a few months ago.
Just know the WORD when reading anything.

Norma said...

I'm in the first chapter and noticed it is based on non-canonical sources (the miracles Jesus performed as a child), but I was aware of them.