Sunday, February 07, 2010

Do you remember "The Rules?"


I don't. I was busy working on my career reading up on exercise therapy for horses and kidney diseases in dogs (Veterinary Medicine Librarian, Ohio State University). This book was a big hit in the 90s. If you followed "The Rules" you were all but guaranteed a husband (if you were a girl). One of the authors got a divorce, and remarried but they both are doing well. Apparently you can sign on to become one of their counselors. I've been married close to 50 years, my parents were married over 65, my grandparents' combined years of marriage were 133. Maybe I should apply. But it's been so long I don't remember what the rules were back then (1960, 1934, 1912, 1901).

These days the authors are also giving advice on nose jobs and closet cleaning. Woot!

No comments: