Saturday, November 24, 2018

Her cards took a detour

When the mail arrived today I looked through it and pulled out a Christmas catalog to throw away.  But it felt a little thick, so I opened it, and inside were two cards addressed in red to two families in Pennsylvania, from a family in Aspinwall, Pennsylvania, a borough in the Pittsburgh metro area with  hockey player forever stamps not cancelled.  So I figured that somehow those cards got pushed inside a catalog addressed to us along the way from Pittsburgh.  There was a return address so I sat down and wrote a note to the sender telling her that her cards had made a detour to Columbus, Ohio and I was sending them on their way.  While checking this out on the internet I learned that the woman’s father had died earlier this year of ALS, so I also included my condolences.

No comments: