Saturday, December 26, 2020

Luke and Laura's 40th anniversary coming up in 2021!

 Can't believe I'm that old.  Genie Francis and Anthony Geary (Luke and Laura), two soap opera stars whose characters married in 1981 will be at the big 40 in the New Year, November 17.  I only know that because my daughter watched this SOAP, General Hospital, and so I watched it, too.  She was probably in 8th grade.  But what was my excuse?

Luke and Laura Today: Where the ‘General Hospital’ Stars Are Now | Heavy.com

"Luke and Laura’s wedding on November 17, 1981 brought in 30 million viewers and remains the highest-rated soap opera episode in American daytime television history. Elizabeth Taylor cameoed during the event, and Princess Diana even sent champagne."

Geary's retired and living in the Netherlands, and Francis still performs at 57 on the soap as a mother.  I think I've seen her in other venues, maybe even Hallmark movies?  Genie Francis as Peyton MacGruder on Taking a Chance on Love (hallmarkdrama.com)

No comments: