Monday, September 04, 2006

2822 What do you think of your blog? A meme

At one of Nea’s blogs, I noticed this meme.

1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog with it's content and look?

Now that I’ve learned to change the background of the standard template, I like it a lot. I use a different template for each blog, some are easier to read than others. I get a kick out of going back and rereading the old entries. If I enjoy it, that’s whom I write for.

2) Does your family know about your blog?

My sibs and son read occasionally, my daughter doesn’t use the internet except for business. I think some cousins, nieces and in-laws take a peek once in awhile. I print it for my husband, who doesn’t use a computer, and the family stories I print and send to my aunt.

3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?

Goodness no. I tell everyone who will listen. I flog my blog. I have even taught blogging.

4) Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts?

I have always written essays and a lot of letters, so this is a natural for me. However, I was never a diary person. The only change is now whatever I see or read becomes and idea for a blog. I’m glad I have it particularly for trips and vacations and things I want to remember. It has also kept me much more engaged in current events and politics.

5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself?

Although I have met some interesting people through commenters, I get my best leads reading comments on other people’s blogs and going to their sites. That’s how I found Nea (and this meme). I probably have hundreds of links (on the left column), but those are people I do recommend, or they are part of a group I belong to. I try to read them.

6) What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog?

I have 2 different free statistics site meters on this blog, and a third type on some of my other blogs. They all track stats slightly different, but only show the last 100. I’m always puzzled when the numbers suddenly go up (like they did last week), or down.

7) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?

I’m not sure what this means, but I use real photos, and most of the people I visit do also.

8) Admit. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging?

I was in education, so anything you do to improve communication skills is positive, but occasionally I come across blogs that make me wonder why the person bothers--bad grammar, spelling, topics, potty language, etc. I also get concerned that people who think they blog anonymously reveal so much information about themselves, and negative things about their employment. Not a good idea. These digital comments never go away.

9) Do you think that blogger-society is isolated from real world or interacts with events?

The bloggers I read regularly or recommend are all very good and quite aware of world events. Even the mommy blogs, almost totally focused on babies, children, and school show the woman is really paying attention to details. I am wowed by the photographs, art, and crafts that are posted. Hobby blogs are just amazing.

10) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?

I’ve never met a person who loved criticism. But I do write for me. And I’m my biggest critic.

11) Do you fear of some political blogs and avoid them?

Some are outstanding. I avoid the name callers and potty mouths. Extreme left or extreme right are flip sides of the same pancake. Only the paranoia has a different odor.

12) Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?

Never heard of it.

13) Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die?

If it is like comments on listservs or old webpages I did in the mid-90s, it may live longer than me. But I do keep a hard copy.

14) What do you like to hear? What's the song you like to put its link in your blog?

I don’t want to open a blog and find music.

15) Five bloggers to be the next "victims"? Let's see ...

If you liked this and found something interesting, take a stab.

3 comments:

Meira{FB} said...

Norma I looked all over and can't find your WW or TT.

But I sure enjoyed reading your movie review and other posts.

Like your Meme. I'll try to get to it today. I've been working these last 3 days, so I'm late getting back.

Diana Joy said...

Hi Norma:)
I came over from NEA's. Thought I would drop by and say, "It's nice to meet you! I love your blogs!"
God bless!
Diana Joy
BTW
Great tag!! LOL

Neoma said...

Norma, I browse blogs a lot, and I see many that I wish I could duplicate a few of the features, but I just don't enough about the HTML to be able to do that. I like the trees that you have in the back of yours, I think it really makes it look nice. I guess that is what I mean by mine looking plain.